Call for Applications
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
WORKSHOP ON BEST PRACTICES AND OBSTACLES IN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY ETHICS EDUCATION
27-28 April 2023, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
The ETHICS4CHALLENGES team is pleased to announce an international workshop for teaching professionals aimed at sharing and discussing the needs, obstacles and best practices regarding ethics education in the field of science and technology.
The workshop will take place on Thursday and Friday, 27–28 April 2023, at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA), Greece, and will be hosted by the European Inter-University Association on Society, Science and Technology (ESST), a partner of the ETHICS4CHALLENGES project, co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme.
We would like to invite teaching and training professionals of all disciplines from around Europe to participate to the workshop and contribute with a presentation on one of the following topics:
- the emergence of science and technology ethics
- the current state of science and technology ethics
- educational textbooks on science and technology ethics
- needs and obstacles in science and technology ethics education
- best and innovative educational practices and obstacles in science and technology ethics
- the relevant experience from European universities and research institutions
The event will be held in hybrid format and the program will be available here soon. Attendants and speakers can participate either in person or virtually.
A limited amount of funding (travel, per diem & accommodation support) can be provided for workshop speakers.
How to Apply
If you need funding for attenting and presenting at the event, please fill in the application form in this link and send us your short biographical notes until 13 April 2023.
Successful applicants will be notified by 14 April 2023.